Jordans

Jordans is a small village with around 700 residents. One of the oldest Quaker Meeting Houses, dating from 1688, is located in the village. William Penn, founder of the Province of Pennsylvania, as well as other notable Quakers, are buried in the cemetery. Jordans has its own primary school and the village has a youth club and tennis club.

Arguably, the heart of the village is the Village Store which features a visiting Post Office, and is a huge benefit to the Jordans community. The shop is partly-funded by a small voluntary Shop Amenity Charge.

There is no local pub in the village, but a very strong community spirit is maintained, with activities including an annual fete, flower and produce show with paintings, models and cakes contributed by the children, sports day and a village supper.

The hall is well-used by numerous committees, groups and societies. During the day, it is used by the nursery group and the Jordans Village Lunch Club, and in the evenings, it is used for the Tenants’ Member Committee events and clubs, such as the tennis club. It’s also the venue for the regular meetings of the management committee and for other village meetings.

The majority of homes let in Jordans are three to five bedroom homes attracting families looking for school catchments, walking distance of the local train station and a quiet village lifestyle.

Read more...